• Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
• Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
• Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
• Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
• Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
• Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Vancouver office is seeking an Intermediate Lighting Designer who is a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Senior Designer or Project Manager with minimal supervision. Proficient operating knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is required. Good communication skills, initiatives and inclination to learn are to be demonstrated.
• Provide technical assistance to the Team Leader/Project Manager as follows:
- Deliver design documentation from conceptual phase to commissioning, including: drawings, sketches, 3D modeling, rendering, schedules, details, specifications and reports
- Help enhance and fulfill the vision of the project
- Perform lighting and daylight modelling/calculations
- Ensure Integral design checklist/standards are being followed
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on current technology
- Provide input on company design standards and specifications to improve quality
- Design systems within fee and construction budget
- Coordinate work with Clients and check work for conformance to scope/contract obligations
- Review equipment submittals for conformance to contract documents
- Answer requests for information from other D&B team members
- Analyze new product data and equipment for incorporation into design specifications
- Set up and maintain design files
- Attend project progress meetings, provide updates for Project Manager and/or PIC (including field reviews to monitor project construction status)
- Attend field reviews and meetings with Clients and Subcontractors
- Review and supervise drafting
- Prepare and review markups
Lighting design portfolio is required for review upon request.
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come. Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in interior and exterior light planning and design, with several successful completed projects across a range of sectors
• Minimum 5 years’ AutoCAD experience coupled with 2+ years design experience in Revit
• High level of experience in AGI32, Dialux, Relux or other light planning software
• High level of experience in 3D modeling programs (3DMax, SketchUp, or similar software)
• Proficiency in graphic design and image editing software (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Degree in Architecture, Interiors, Theater Lighting, Architectural Engineering or equivalent experience
• Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings with minimal supervision
• Capability to apply prescriptive code, bylaw, specifications requirements
• Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills both inside and outside the office
• Excels in a fast-paced environment
• Strong aptitude to work on multiple projects and manage workload to meet project deadlines
• Thrives working individually and within team environments
• Proficiency in coaching/teaching and delegating
• Able to “sketch” ideas
• Proficiency in lighting control systems is an asset
• LEED Accredited Professional designation is an asset
• International applications are welcome - fluency in English (written & verbal) is required
To apply please follow this link: http://integralgroup1.applytojob.com/apply/MEvO9dih69/Lighting-Designer
Integral Group is a global network of mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers, energy analysts, commissioning authorities, lighting designers, and sustainability consultants collaborating under a single deep green umbrella. Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of sustainable building design moving from green and net zero buildings towards regenerative buildings that mitigate global envi...ronmental impacts and reduce ecological degradation.
We specialize in the design and analysis of simple, elegant, cost-effective systems for critical and high performance building environments. Our integrated approach to building systems design allows us to enhance opportunities that nature provides, working in harmony with a building’s environment to reduce its reliance on outside energy sources.