LOCHNER, a leader in transportation engineering, is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the Aviation Group in offices nationwide.
• Strong knowledge of airport lighting systems including runway, taxiway, apron edge lighting, signage, area lighting, roadway lighting, airport power systems, facility lighting, lighting protection systems and airfield navigational aids.
• Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, detailed analysis, as required for procurement and construction purposes.
• Prepare construction cost estimates.
• Provide electrical direction to and collaborate with project engineers, project managers and contractors.
• Experience with and determine requirements using FAA guidelines and Advisory Circulars.
• Develop and write design and construction scopes of work.
• Write reports and make recommendations based upon information gathered during the site survey using professional judgment.
• Develop and review schedules for assigned projects.
• Travel to client or construction site locations.
• Review contractor submittals, respond to field request for information.
• B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• PE License required.
• 6 + years of experience in the electrical engineering field; electrical related experience.
• Familiar with NEC, IEEE, and NEMA standards.
• Familiar with FAA design criteria, requirements and processes.
• Familiar with light pollution and dark sky design concepts.
• Familiar with AASHTO, Illuminating Engineering Society, and NEMA lighting standards.
• Experience in designing power source circuits for a variety of transportation projects, including traffic signals, ITS, roadway lighting, airport lighting, and tolling projects.
• Ability to coordinate multiple project tasks.
• Self-motivated and able to handle a fast-paced position.
• Willing to travel to other offices and projects as needed.
• Goal and deadline orientated.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates need to apply online http://www.hwlochner.com/career.html.
All positions at Lochner require an applicant who has accepted an employment offer to undergo a background check. Background checks include SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, a criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, and oral drug test. All employment offers are contingent upon successful results of the background check.