We are hiring immediately! We are seeking a driven, organized, and knowledgeable individual that has experience in the lighting industry either as a lighting designer or electrical engineer, to work for Optic Arts, a lighting manufacturer based in Los Angeles, CA.
Having experience with the following is very desirable:
1) architectural drawing language and symbology, 2) the design process in engineering and architecture, 3) the implications of wiring and component dimensions on installation, 4) general lighting technology and the pros/cons, 5) benefits and complexity of low-voltage electrical and lighting systems, 6) control system technologies and their unique requirements.
Our team is like family; we value culture and collaboration and treat one another at work as we would our own.
We are a fast-paced and quickly growing small business with Application Engineering co-located with manufacturing. We manage project deliverables from the design phase right through to product delivery and support. It is an exciting time at the company as there is ample room for professional development and career advancement as the company growth accelerates.
The requirements of this position include:
1) Provide phone and online technical support to installers and end users.
2) Create riser diagrams that illustrate to our clients how our systems are configured, assembled, and installed.
3) Create take-offs that express how our lighting products must be configured for a variety of architectural and landscape applications. The take-offs provided a foundation for coordination between all stakeholders and are the basis of quotations process by our sales team.
4) Be a technical resource for the Project Management and Sales Team.
5) Communicate bugs and feature requests to the Project Director for collaboration with Research and Development on product improvement.
6) Occasional travel required for trade shows and high level on-site technical support.
2 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Salary negotiable based upon experience and reputation.
We are a project focused company. It’s in our DNA and informs everything we do. From the sales team to order processing to logistics, we treat your project with the care and context it deserves, not just as another order in the queue. We strive to always exceed expectations and if issues arise we fix them first and ask questions later. In a project based industry, we know that eve...ry day counts, so we work with you to make sure we can accommodate your schedule and deliver on time.
APPLICATION DIRECTED PRODUCT DESIGN
Most lighting companies are founded by engineers. We’re artists at heart and we understand that a great piece of technology is only as useful as its application. Not everything has to be complicated, but everything has to be elegant.
People are the heart of what we do. We believe that integrity is good business, and we’ve created a culture where people are treated with care, both inside and outside of our walls.
PROFITABILITY IS A GOAL, NOT A PHILOSOPHY
We’re a business and we have to make money to keep doing the cool stuff we do - but turning a profit is not the only reason we exist. We’re building something and we’re enjoying it; we want our customers and partners to enjoy it, too.