Southwest Engineers is seeking an Engineering Technician with at least 1 year of AutoCAD experience.
Our firm is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time with many opportunities.
For 40 years we have maintained an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. We are partners and friends in and out of the office, often sharing lunches and celebrating milestones and birthdays in true Texan style. We offer great benefits and a low-traffic commute to our Buda office making work life that much easier.
The right person for the job is capable of efficient time management and possesses a problem solving attitude. Excellent verbal/ written communication skills, experience with Civil3D, AutoCAD, and knowledge of City of Austin and Hays County GIS websites is required. A successful CAD Technician will exercise sound decision making, take initiative and exhibit knowledge showing responsibility of project.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to) :
• Prepare site plans, subdivisions for site development including design of drainage, grading, water/wastewater, and sanitary sewer collections
• Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
• Coordinate and communicate efficiently with your engineering teams
• Assist engineers with field investigations, reports, and construction site visits
• Maintain accurate files and organization of all contracts
• Previous experience in civil drafting; land development preferred
• Proficiency with AutoCAD
• Civil 3D (not required but a plus)
• AAS in Computer Drafting and Design preferred
• Deadline driven and detail-oriented
• Must be flexible and able to rotate focus amongst various projects
• Understanding of City of Austin/Buda/San Marcos code is a plus
Salary, benefits, and all company information will be discussed upon a scheduled interview. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Additional Salary Information: Negotiable.
About Southwest Engineers Inc
Southwest Engineers is a 40-year-old full-service civil engineering and consulting firm committed to excellence in land development projects, water/wastewater infrastructure, street and drainage design and all associated permitting, for over 700 clients across the state of Texas. Our firm is growing rapidly and this is an exciting time with many opportunities. Since 1978, we have maintained an environment where team members are empowered in building successful and fulfilling careers. We are partners and friends in and out of the office, often sharing lunches and celebrating milestones and birthdays with true Texas style. If you are interested in joining a talented group of people, please send us your resume.