Electrical/Electronics and Mechanical Engineering:
Fire Protection Water-Based (formerly Automatic Sprinkler System)
Fire Sprinkler Designer - NICET Preferred
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company- A 100% Employee owned Sprinkler Companyopened its doors in 1978. Headquartered in Odenton, Maryland with an established branch office in Ashburn, VA, Chesapeake Sprinkler Company is a successful fire protection systems contractor capable of performing any type of systems from commercial, industrial, residential, service and special hazards.
Our projects call for any type of fire protection from standard wet and dry through large and complex special hazard systems, alarm and detection and suppression in any type of construction environment.
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company has an immediate need for a SPRINKLER DESIGNER. A synopsis of position responsibilities of the designer position are as follows: (training will be provided)
* Obtain C.A.D. files from Arch, Mechanical and Civil Engineers
* Clean the C.A.D. drawings for use in our Fire Sprinkler 3-D design program
* Design sprinkler head layouts (Per N.F.P.A. guidelines and local codes), along with pipe routing
coordinator with the Arch, Mechanical and Structural layout of the building
* Perform hydraulic calculations to determine appropriate pipe sizes for the sprinkler systems to
* Submit final designed to the General Contractor and local jurisdiction for approvals
* Cut and list material for field installation
* AutoSPRINK software is preferred but should at least have excellent knowledge of C.A.D. or Drafting.
* NICET certification preferred
Note: We strongly encourage our new designers to spend the first two weeks in the field to obtain a better feel as to what we do, how we do it and how the designer position is critical to our success.
Chesapeake Sprinkler Company offers a full line of benefits:
We are a 100% employee owned company (ESOP) where all employees have a vested interest in the company through stock allocation. We also offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, (401)K, Pre-tax Deductions, voluntary AFLAC and Guardian Products, vacation time, sick time, and most importantly the opportunity to learn and grow.
If you feel this opportunity would interest you, please email a cover letter along with your complete work history (resume), with salary requirements to Human Resource Manager, Chesapeake Sprinkler Company. Mbush@Chesasprink.com
We will contact applicants we have an interest in. No calls please. Position is located in Odenton, Maryland. Work hours are M-F 8:00-5:00
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
About Chesapeake Sprinkler Company
Fire Protection sprinkler system design and Installation company located in Odenton, Maryland.