The Settlement department’s role is to analyze, reconcile, report, and invoice all transactional bilateral data and RTO/ISO settlement, and to ensure stability, integrity, and efficient operation of settlement operations and related accounting processes in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, business acumen, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve transactional, market, and general ledger discrepancies. This individual needs to understand the energy industry, bilateral settlement, RTO/ISO settlement, and accounting principles. This individual will apply effective customer service by communicating the aforementioned analyzed results to internal and external clients in support of decision making.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides accurate and timely billing, analysis, and reporting services
Develops solid understanding of settlement and accounting practices and principles
Asks questions and provide reliable and efficient customer service
Contributes to and performs the development and design of new processes and procedures
- Owns the accuracy of settlement processes, monthly counterparty invoices, and client reporting
- Maintains Settlement procedures and documentation
- Generates and implements process efficiencies
- Plays a support role for internal and external audits
Teach and Reach
- Shares knowledge with other Settlement Analysts
- Initiates learning opportunities with internal departments to expand knowledge base
- Understands natural gas, bilateral power, and RTO/ISO markets
- Masters available technological resources to conduct settlement related duties
- Works collaboratively with Settlement and other departments within TEA
- Builds trust with TEA’s Members and Partners
- Caters communication to audience confidently and effectively
- Engages actively in meetings
- Remains current on energy market changes and Client changes
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Exceptional Work Standards
Excel at Building Trust
VALUES REQUIRED The ideal candidate will have the following values:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, mathematics, or other appropriate degree; 2+ years of relevant industry or accounting experience; advanced degree is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES All Microsoft Office tools and web browsers. The ability to manage multiple projects, change priorities and be action-oriented. Ability to adapt to dedicated computer systems.