CDM Smith currently has a new opportunity for a Client Service Leader within our West Transportation Group in Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, and San Diego). In this position, you will work with a dynamic team to continue building our transportation business. You will lead the development of a business strategy for the increase of sales around corridor planning, urban mobility design, NEPA/CEQA, water quality, sustainability planning, freight technology, and other services for aviation, transit, port, transportation, and municipal clients. This position leads the business development activities, oversees overall client service, representing CDM Smith on transportation related boards or organizations and serve as a leader in your office and in California. **We are willing to consider this position working out of one of our CA offices in; Carlsbad, Los Angeles, or Irvine.** As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Developing new business and maintaining high-value relationships with transportation clients for transit, urban port and aviation services in the southern California market which includes Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, San Diego, and others where you see opportunity.
• Developing and managing client teams that include project managers, technical specialists, national leaders, as well as junior staff to develop strategic capture plans, proposal efforts, presentations, and other efforts of business development.
• Serving as a key member of our strategy team promoting growth in the California area as well as supporting other western growth initiatives.
• Serving as a technical or project lead as needed on projects of significant size and strategic importance.
• Being active in professional societies in which clients or potential clients are members.
• Being a strong leader internally and externally.
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, urban, community or regional planning. AICP, PTP, PE, CEP or approved certification in a related field. Or Master's degree in civil engineering, urban, community or regional planning.
• 12 years of related experience with Bachelors degree or 11 years of experience with Masters degree.
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
About CDM Smith
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.