Under limited direction, is responsible for various maintenance & operations related to the Clinton River Water Resource Recovery Facility (CRWRRF). Is responsible for the safe, economical operation of the County owned and operated Water Resource Recovery Facility (WRRF) providing maximum protection against pollution of the surrounding waters. Ensures that activities and methods are in compliance with State and Federal regulations. Verifies that the Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) program is being monitored. Assesses and verifies industrial permits and ordinances are followed. Prepares and submits various reports on a monthly and yearly basis. Troubleshoots problems and communicates potential solutions. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Employees of this classification are required to be available for operational problems, equipment emergencies, widespread storms, power outages, and other operations and maintenance emergencies as deemed necessary by management after normal working hours, weekends and holidays. Also, employees in this classification are assigned On-Call duties as required by management.
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. a. Must possess a Class "A" Wastewater Treatment certificate from the State of Michigan; AND
b. Have had four (4) years of full-time work experience as a Wastewater Plant Operator, Laboratory Technician, or equivalent in wastewater treatment, equipment repair and maintenance; OR
2. a. Must possess a Class "B" Wastewater Treatment certification from the state of Michigan; AND
b. Have had seven (7) years of full-time work experience as a Wastewater Plant Operator, Laboratory Technician, or equivalent in wastewater treatment, equipment repair and maintenance.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
1. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license.
2. Must maintain a Class "A" or "B" Wastewater Treatment certificate from the State of Michigan.
Additional Salary Information: full-time benefits included (health insurance, etc.)