Reports to: Business Development Manager Department: Product Certification
This position is responsible for driving new sales and developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing customers for all WQA Product Certification (Gold Seal, Sustainability and Facility Audits) products and services and all Professional Certification and Education products and services. This role is responsible for continuously promoting WQA products and services throughout the marketplace to new and existing customers. This role is also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and engagement throughout the sales process.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining business relationships with new and existing customers to generate sales. • Generate and qualify sales leads by sourcing and developing customer referrals, scheduling and making sales calls in person and over the phone to new and existing customers, maintaining the customer database and continuously promoting WQA products and services. • Research sources for developing prospective customers and information to determine sales leads. • Develop and deliver presentations regarding WQA products and services to new and existing customers. The presentation could be to address a specific sales opportunity, or be as broad as that explaining the certification process, its importance, benefits to the customer and industry. • Develop clear and effective written estimates, including contacting outside laboratories for testing quotes for current and existing customers by gathering all initial project documentation. • Collaborates with the Technical Review team to finalize and present formal proposals to customers. • Schedule and attend customer visits on a quarterly, bi-annually, or annual basis as directed by the Business Development Manager. • Attends industry tradeshows and conventions in the water industry to implement a more targeted sales approach, develop sales leads, increase awareness of WQA programs and generate sales. • Generate new and prospective customers at trade shows, through industry magazines or leads coming from within various departments within WQA. • Build and maintain relationships/partnerships with clients whose products have already received certification. • Updates new customer information in database, including weekly updates/follow ups for active projects along with pending projects. • Maintains technical knowledge regarding the industry, product categories and product certification program • Corresponds with the inside sales, product certification, professional certification, laboratory and marketing and communications departments, as needed, to make sure all customers and projects are being handled in an efficient manner and communication is open between all associated staff and the Account Representative. • Maintains knowledge on all of the standards within WQA’s scope and keep up to date with revisions to the standards, or new standards that have been added to WQA’s scope. • Maintains working knowledge of all WQA programs and services to continuous promote all WQA products and services. • Manage to balance the customer’s product and professional certification needs with the needs and requirements of the Association and the within the scope of programs’ accreditations. • In collaboration with professional certification, works with customers to determine training needs and prepares proposals for training programs using WQA materials to meet those needs. • Sells WQA live training events and certification exams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Physical Science discipline, Business Administration, Marketing or similar, required. • Two to three years technical sales or certification sales experience required • Proven experience in developing customer accounts and providing exceptional customer experience • Experienced and polished presentation skills and ability to communicate with all levels within an organization. • Strong negotiations skills and the ability to foster win-win outcomes. • Candidate should have a strong foundation in water chemistry or MWS status. • The desire and aptitude to understand technical needs of the water industry. • Track record for creating effective working relationships with customers and external partners. • Experience in project management is preferred but not required. • Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills. An ability to relate well with a wide range of constituencies. • Computer Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement with fiscal responsibility • Flexibility • Drive for Business Results • Initiative and Decision Making • Communication • Collaboration • Respect for Others • Analyzing and Problem Solving • Planning and Organizing • Leading and Engaging • Passion for Continuous Learning
• This is a full-time position.
• This position works in a standard office environment.
The Water Quality Association (WQA) is a not-for-profit association for the residential, commercial, and industrial water treatment industry. WQA represents more than 2,700 member companies around the globe and proudly serves as an educator of water treatment professionals, certifier of water treatment products, public information resource and voice of the water quality improvement industry. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join our team to further enhance our dynamic organization. We offer attractive employee benefits, a flexible work environment and provide new and challenging opportunities for career growth and on-going professional development. We encourage you to explore career possibilities at Water Quality Association.