TriMet's Engineering, Construction and Planning Division is seeking a detail oriented, enthusiastic and responsive Senior Quality Assurance Coordinator. As a Division, we strive to foster innovation, honor diversity and maintain a culture that values high quality work while maintaining a strong work-life balance. Our projects are complex and challenging, yielding to plenty of opportunities to grow both professionally and personally. If you are an ambitious quality professional with a passion for continual improvement and interested in building your career, this is the position for you!
Ideal qualities and skills for this role of Quality Assurance Coordinator include understanding of and experience in quality control and/or assurance elements of civil and commercial building design and construction. Knowledge of transit construction and FTA (Federal Transit Administration) quality elements is a plus. Great communication skills will be essential: Establishing trust and maintaining good relationships with internal and external partners is a critical part of the role.
This position will support and assist in the organization, performance and on-going reviews of the Quality Program activities for the Engineering, Construction, and Planning Division, according to the Quality Assurance Program Manual (QAPM) and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements, as assigned by the QA Manager. The Quality Assurance Coordinator schedules and performs external audits of contractor/consultant quality activities/records and internal audits of TriMet procedures and processes.
The Quality Assurance Coordinator contributes to continuous improvement and best practice initiatives for the quality assurance program, design and construction projects and division as a whole.
They document quality activities, reference all applicable requirements, to include contract documents, quality program requirements and division best practices manuals, issue reports, and track issues or non-conformance through to resolution.
This position reviews and recommend scalable quality requirement content prior to contract issuance and review quality based submittals.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
Serve as a good steward of TriMet by regularly utilizing our transit system to maintain a strong and current understanding of customers’ experiences and of TriMet’s product and service offerings.
1. Schedule and conduct external audits and on-site surveillance of consultant and contractor quality activities to ensure compliance with and understanding of contract and program requirements. Establish audit criteria and samples based upon approved project quality programs, with assistance from the QA Manager.
2. Schedule and conduct internal audits and on-site surveillance of design / construction management staff (PMs/DMs/CMs) activities to ensure conformance to and understanding of internal divisional procedures and best practices (Project Management Manual - PMM, Design and Construction Management Manual - DCMM, Quality Assurance Program Manual - QAPM, and Inspectors Manual - IM)..
3. Ensure that QA audit, surveillance and activity review records and documentation are accurate, properly maintained and distributed according to Program and FTA requirements.
4. Verify and ensure that non-compliance issues are satisfactorily addressed and that systemic inadequacies are rectified. Track and document all contractor/consultant follow-up activity until issues are closed.
5. Review any assigned contractor and consultant QA/QC plans for conformance to contract and quality program requirements, specifications and industry best practices. Make recommendations through QA Manager and PM/DM/CM for revisions and updates as needed.
6. Review development of scalable contract language (Special Provisions, Technical Specs, etc.) regarding QA/QC requirements and recommend any necessary revisions to QA Manager/PM to ensure compatibility with the QA Program.
7. Provide ongoing support to construction management staff regarding QA/QC related clarifications and recommendations regarding quality activities of project consultants/contractors. Participate in design / construction meetings and coordinate and monitor QA/QC activities of TriMet construction management staff as directed by QA Manager. Provide and coordinate training of design / construction management staff in their quality program responsibilities as directed by QA Manager.
A Bachelor's Degree is required.
A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Industrial Engineering/Management is preferred.
A minimum of four (4) years total credited experience.*
Two (2) years of experience in quality management of heavy civil and/or vertical construction contracts are required.
Two (2) years of experience in heavy civil and/or vertical construction QA/QC programs are preferred.
One (1) year of experience in rail transit construction and Federal contracting is preferred.
Certification as a Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), American Society for Quality (ASQ) is a plus.
Possession of a non-commercial driver's license is preferred.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the "credited experience".
TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail service in the Portland, Oregon, region. Our transportation options connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution — making our region a better place to live.