Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Vascular Access – Built on a history of innovation, our Arrow® brand of technically advanced vascular access devices are renowned throughout the world. Many of our vascular access products have antimicrobial and antithrombogenic protection designed to reduce vascular-related complications and include long and short dwell central venous catheters (CVC), sheath introducers, arterial lines, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), as well as specialty devices and an advanced vascular positioning system to facilitate precise placement of a PICC or CVC near the heart. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
Position Summary Lead higher level engineering efforts to develop, and improve products, manufacturing processes, equipment and systems by defining specifications, materials and manufacturing procedures.
Principal Responsibilities • Support product development by implementing products into manufacturing, includes developing and implementing processes, equipment and manufacturing capabilities. Support Manufacturing by improving existing products or processes. Interface with marketing, physicians, customers and suppliers as necessary to solve problems and complete projects.
• Provide appropriate direction or directly lead higher-level engineering efforts to, design products, processes, equipment, tooling and components using engineering principles on a Computer Aided Design (CAD) system.
• Lead higher-level Engineering Development projects as assigned, including Problem-Solving projects to resolve issues in Manufacturing or Product Performance. Provide uniform solutions for international manufacturing operations.
• Champion Continuous Improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment using Lean Manufacturing and statistical data analysis techniques such as TMV, Gage Studies, Process Capability Studies, DOE and SPC.
• Lead efforts to provide uniform measurement tools and manufacturing techniques for international operations.
• Lead or participate in project and design reviews.
• Direct and mentor the efforts of senior engineers, engineers, engineering specialists, engineering technicians and engineering assistants in the development of processes, equipment and documentation.
• Direct and mentor senior engineers, engineers, engineering specialists, engineering technicians, engineering assistants, drafters, technicians and tradespeople in implementing equipment improvements or fixture and machine designs.
• Troubleshoot and coordinate improvements to existing products, manufacturing processes, machine test equipment. Advise maintenance and manufacturing engineering personnel performing troubleshooting tasks.
• Develop, approve, and revise Quality System Documents, including SOPs, Work Instructions and Validations.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with Teleflex’s Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
• BS or PE degree in engineering field appropriate to the specific job assignment. • Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience in engineering field related to manufacturing. Area of emphasis should be appropriate to specific assignment.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Effective verbal and written communication skills. • Team player with good interpersonal skills. • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computerized analysis applications
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.