Let’s do this! Do you enjoy safely working on high voltage powerlines? LES currently has an opportunity for you as a Line Technician. Whether it’s building new infrastructure, restoring power, or preventing future outages, you can feel accomplished as your efforts come to life in our team driven environment. We offer highly competitive wages and benefits to hire and retain valuable employees. Do you have experience? LES recognizes relevant prior work experience for the purpose of personal leave accrual upon hire. Employees are given one year of LES credit for every 2 years of relevant external work towards their monthly accrual rate. LES is a company that values passion, high personal standards, excellent service, the environment, and the community in which we live. If your values match ours, then LES may be the right fit for your career!
We are filling multiple line technician openings from apprentice to journeyman and this posting will close when all positions are filled.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES
To construct, operate, and maintain electrical line facilities and operate substations in accordance with LES design standards and established policies, safety rules, procedures, and practices to provide a reliable electrical service for LES customers. Work is subject to direct supervision during progress and upon completion by a supervisor for compliance with instructions. Performs emergency and overtime work as necessary. Consistent and reliable attendance is required. Please note, LES is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, LES is not able to sponsor employment-based immigrant or non-immigrant visas.
- Under direct supervision performs all phases of the construction, operation and maintenance of energized and de-energized facilities, while ensuring the safety of themselves, fellow workers, and the general public, in accordance with LES procedures, policies, practices, and safety rules.
- Follows LES procedures for line and substation switching and performs such activities as directed.
- Follows directions to modifying maintenance or construction procedures, methods, or materials within guidelines to solve maintenance or construction problems. Secures approval from the Crew Leader or Field Supervisor on other problems or concerns outside of these guidelines.
- Assists in the process to procure, direct, and perform switching and clearance orders.
- Under direct supervision operates and maintains tools, equipment, and safety devices necessary for the construction and maintenance of streetlight, transmission, and distribution lines and operation of substations.
- Complies with the LES Job Safety and Loss Control Policy, LES safety rules and procedures.
Initiative – Seeking a candidate who takes action on their own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked.
Safety Awareness– The ideal candidate in this role respects and complies with safety procedures/standards necessary to ensure a safe and healthful work environment; scans the environment for things that may pose a safety risk; and encourages others to utilize safe and healthy work practices.
Accountability – The individual in this position holds self and others responsible for goals, outcomes, deadlines, and objectives and follows through on commitments. Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
Job Technical Skills – The successful candidate keeps their technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a recognized program at a vocational school/college for power line technicians, and
- Construction work experience involving line technician work with 6 months of progressively responsible experience in area of assignment, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid commercial driver’s license
- Mobile Crane Operator Certification specializing in Service Truck Cranes or the ability to obtain within 18 months
- LES Apprentice Line Technician Program at the First-Class level